Updated 3/5/22 for 3/7/22’s NJ update. Previously updated 10/28/20, 5/10/21, 7/12/21, 7/22/21, 9/22/21, 11/15/21, 12/11/21, 12/31/21.
For entering Music Notes Academy, these are the steps and procedures:
12/31/21 — According the CDC’s website, dated as 12/27/21, if a person tests positive for COVID-19, everyone regardless of vaccination status is to:
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
12/31/21 — According the CDC’s website, dated as 12/27/21, if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19:
- If you have been boosted OR completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine with the last 6 months OR completed the primary series of J&J vaccine with the last 2 months — then —
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
- If you completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR are un-vaccinated — then —
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible. If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
Music Notes Academy cannot guarantee the continuance of the noted above recommendations, requirements or procedures by the CDC. This page here, with updated COVID-19 guidance may be updated again after 12/31/21. This information above was gathered from – CDC Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Quarantine Period for General Population | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC – on 12/31/21 and posted here as we approach our Winter Semester. Students can attend their scheduled classes and private lessons online, if required to quarantine. Happy New Year.
12/11/21 — If your son or daughter is home from school due to illness or Covid-19 quarantine requirements — Your son or daughter is to stay home from Music Notes Academy too. Students can attend their scheduled class online during the required time at home.
12/11/21 — Masks are required to be worn — covering the face and nose — to enter the Academy. This is due to the Executive Order from 8/9/21. Music Notes Academy cannot distribute masks at the Academy. It is the responsibility of the entering student, parent or visitor to wear a mask prior to entering the building.
11/15/21 — If you or your household family are sick or symptomatic – with illness – do not enter the Academy for in-person classes or private lessons. Yes, due to the 8/9/21 NJ Executive Order — Music Notes Academy is required to have students, parents, teachers and visitors continue to wear masks while inside the building. We are unable to provide or distribute masks to individuals that do not have a mask upon desire to enter. Regardless of vaccination status – for students, parents, guardians or visitors – everyone is required to wear masks while inside the Academy.
- Adult students or parents are required to acknowledge this form below – one time – before attending the first in-person class or private lesson — at either East Brunswick or Whitehouse Station.
- Parent or guardian is to drop-off the student at the front door of the Academy.
- The waiting room is limited to the available 4 chairs at the East Brunswick Academy — If no chairs exist or chairs are not available, please wait outside the building. The waiting room is currently closed at Whitehouse Station. Parents or guardians are to wait outside the building.
- Students are to use the restroom at home prior to attending the Academy for their scheduled class or private lesson.
- Students, parents and visitors are currently required to wear masks while inside the Academy.
- Teachers will be wearing masks while inside the Academy.
- Students must bring their own instrument (except for a piano, drum set and music stand).
- Students must bring their own books, their own water bottle, their own pencils, crayons for younger students, pencil sharpeners, metronomes, tuners and any required accessories for learning and class time.
- Parent or guardian is to pick-up their student at the front door of the East Brunswick or Whitehouse Station Academy.
- Brass, Woodwinds & Singing/Voice — As of 6/30/21 & 7/2/21 per artsednj.org/covid19/ — guidance for indoor visual and performing arts concludes that masks are recommended for students ages 11 and younger with 3-feet (if possible) of social distancing. Proper hygiene strategies should remain in place. Indoor activities should be limited to 60-minutes before one air exchange. If you’re attending a woodwinds, brass or singing class or private lesson – the student may remove their mask in the classroom – with the guidance and direction of the classroom teacher.
- The piano keys, benches and music stands are cleaned and disinfected prior to and in between each class or private lesson — at the discretion of the classroom teacher. The Academy is cleaned and disinfected at the end of the teaching day — at the discretion of the classroom teacher or Academy Director.
To enter the East Brunswick Academy or Whitehouse Station location for in-person lessons or classes complete the following form below.
These Covid-19 procedures will likely continue to be updated. Updates will be posted here, within this page only.