Learning Online with Music Notes
Music Notes Academy launched Online Music Lessons on March 23, 2020.
We are teaching private music lessons, backbeat Group Music Classes and Rock Band through Google’s Educational G-Suite Classroom. We selected this platform because it works well with any email address on all computers, tablets and smartphones. Students may already be familiar with Google Classroom and Google Hangouts from their daytime schools.
Step 1: Set up Google Hangouts
Respond to the Google Hangout invitation from your Music Note Academy teacher. Your Music Notes Academy teacher will be inviting you with their @musicnotesacademy.com email address.
- Open Google Hangouts in a web browser or download the free app on a mobile device.
- It is required that you accept the Google Hangout invitation from your teacher. This is how we will video-call on the day and time of your scheduled class time.
- If you want Music Notes Academy to use a different email address – like your child’s email address – please update us using the link below.
- For Apple products… This can be a simpler way to connect with your Music Notes teacher.
- Go to hangouts.google.com. Add your Music Notes’ teacher’s @musicnotesacademy.com email address to start a new conversation. You can send your Music Notes teacher an invite too.
Step 2: Set up Google Classroom
Respond to the Google Classroom invitation from your Music Note Academy teacher.
- Open Google Classroom in a web browser or download the free app on a mobile device.
- It is required that you accept the Google Classroom invitation from your teacher. This is how we will be able to assign worksheets and assignments.
- If you want Music Notes to use a different email address – like your child’s email address – please update Music Notes using the link below.
Step 3: Have a Successful Virtual Music Class & Lesson
On the day and time of your regularly scheduled Music Notes Academy class or lesson be ready with a device in a quiet room with:
- Your Instrument
- Music Stand
- Music Books & Learn Today Play Tomorrow® Assignment Book
- Metronome If you use a mobile device for a metronome… Well here’s where that $29 metronome/tuner comes in handy even more. Your smart-device metronome cannot be on the same device you will have your virtual class on. Speakers and microphones will not work at the same time or simultaneously.
Please be ready for your Music Notes Academy teacher at your regularly scheduled class time. Your teacher will contact you.