Successful online music lessons with Music Notes Academy is simple and easy. We’ve been teaching music online since March ’20. We’ve learned a bit and want to share with you, adult students and parents.
Successful online music learning includes items and practices that musicians utilize. Creating a dedicated place in your house to practice and attend online music lessons is important for staying focused, motivated and progressing. Being prepared and respectful of the teacher’s time adds additional value to a student’s scheduled class or lesson time.
- Use a quiet place in your home where no one will disturb class time. (We also know this can be a challenge, with parents working from home, pets, etc…)
- Have a music stand. Those $14.99 music stands we always encourage parents to purchase, are ever so useful with online learning. Plus, students should have a music stand regardless for practicing.
- Have your instrument ready and tuned prior to the start time of class.
- Have your pencil and music books, sheet music all ready
- Have your metronome nearby. We like the Korg metronome and tuners. If you’re using an app tuner, ensure it’s on a separate device from the device you’re in class with.
- Use the restroom before class time.
- Ensure your device is charged and have the power cables/adapters nearby.
- Try to sit or stand in front of the light source. Sit facing a window, not with your back towards it.
- For louder instruments, take a step back from your device while playing. When talking, move a bit closer. The audio on the teacher’s side of your playing will be much better.
- Keep your apps and device up to date. Often times, the neglected updates for the app and device have cleared up connection issues, latency and overall quality.
We hope these tips will help students and parents. It’s the little things that enable successful online music lessons…