Benefits of Music
The benefits of music and a music education contributes positively to a student’s life in many ways. There is so much research online regarding the benefits of music. Some common benefits of musical study include:
- Developing language and reasoning skills
- Developing creative thinking
- Learning how to freely express oneself
- Becoming more adept at problem solving
- Can lead to achieving higher grades academically
- Can bridge cultural gaps through exposure to new ideas and methodology
- Can increase discipline and a commitment to self-improvement
- Helps develop collaborative skills, to achieve common goals
12 Benefits of Music Instruction
We have 12 Benefits of Music posters on display at our East Brunswick Academy. Students and parents love them, so we’ve been told, and it reminds us all daily why we are teaching music and encouraging the performing arts for our students.
“An arts education exposes children to the incomparable…”
“…there is also a casual link between music and spatial intelligence…”
“music performance teaches young people to conquer fear and to take risks.”
“music study develops skills that are necessary in the workplace.”
“music provides children with a means of self expression.”
“students of the arts learn to think creatively and to solve problems by imaging various solutions…”
“in music, a mistake is a mistake… it’s only by much hard work that a successful performance is possible.”
“early musical training helps develop brain areas involved in language and reasoning.”
“music study enhances teamwork skills and discipline.”
“students of music learn craftsmanship as they study how details are put together painstakingly…”
Being musical and artistic is something to be proud of. It’s cool to play an instrument.
Playing a musical instrument is simply fun!
Ready to start benefiting from music?
Start playing music. Contact us @ (732) 238-2828 to get started and get playing music.